This soup may look subtle, but it has so much flavour: creamy coconut, sweet vegetables, spicy chilli and ginger, and tangy lime. If you want it to look as exciting as it tastes, you could always add garnishes created from the ingredients – sweet potato crisps or slices of chilli, for example.
Ingredients to serve 3:
- 3 mini sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- several slices of whole green chilli
- a slice of fresh ginger
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- creamed coconut (approx 1″ cut from a block)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- freshly ground black pepper
Place all of the ingredients (except the lime and black pepper) into a medium saucepan and pour over just enough water to cover. Simmer for around 10 minutes then blend. Return to the pan, add a few twists of black pepper and the lime juice then gently re-heat before serving.