Saturday breakfast is often made up as I go along in a sleepy hungry haze. I hadn’t intended for this morning’s food to be share worthy, but I think it turned out as a good example of a hearty and healthy veggie (or vegan, minus the egg) cooked breakfast which anyone can enjoy. The star of the show is the Tofurky Italian Sausage (vegan) which has so much flavour that just one is enough.
- Approx 8 Mushrooms sauteed in a little butter & oil, with 1 sliced Tofurky Italian Sausage added at the end just to heat through.
- 1 fresh free-range egg, poached.
- 1/2 a ripe avocado, mashed with a little cayenne pepper and a few drops of lime juice.
- 1 tomato, sliced.
- 1 slice multi-grain bread, toasted.
- A sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and Maldon Sea Salt.