Yesterday evening both the house and myself were feeling cold. The solution: stick the oven on and bake. Less than an hour later I was sitting down in a warmer house with a bowl of mushroom soup and slices of my very own warm-from-the-oven soda bread…
i had been meaning to make some since tasting my friend’s amazing efforts in our weekly GBBO gathering. I used the same recipe as her and thankfully the results were pretty similar.
My recipe (from web link):
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°Fan)/ Gas 6.
- Sift together 500g plain flour and 2 tsp bicarbinate of soda.
- Add 1 tsp salt.
- Use a knife or fork to quickly mix in 400g live natural yoghurt.
- Knead very briefly and form into a ball.
- Place onto floured baking tray, sprinkle with more flour and cut cross in top using sharp knife.
- Get straight into the oven and bake (mine was done – the bottom sounded hollow when tapped – after around 30 mins).
- Tear or slice and eat 🙂